Time To Get Your Evans Coghill Home Ready For A New School Year!
Summer is flying by, and it’s time to get your family ready for the upcoming school year. From crazed mornings to packed afternoons to homework-laden evenings, your Evans Coghill Homes home can play a huge role in keeping the entire family on track. In order to make everything run as smoothly as possible, here are some tips for getting the house – and the kids – ready for September:
- Clean the house. This is especially important in the bedrooms, which act as bottomless receptacles for everything. De-clutter and toss remnants from the previous school year. Donate or give away outgrown clothes, old or unneeded sports equipment, musical instruments, etc.
- Get organized. Make sure closets, cubbies and hooks are set up and ready to deal with the influx of school-related items, such as backpacks, jackets, shoes, etc.
- Set up the family calendar/schedule. Soccer games, piano recitals, doctor’s appointments… plan it all out as far as you can. Put everything on the schedule so that everyone has an idea of what’s happening and when.
- Set up your command center. Whether it’s a white board, a chalk paint wall or a cork board, create a centralized location for chores, flyers, reminders, notes, permission slips, invitations, phone number list, etc.
- Create a study/homework station for each child. Preferably somewhere quiet, away from distractions like TV, video games and maybe even siblings! Make sure it’s stocked with all the essentials, including pens, pencils, paper and other school materials.
- Stock up on healthy after-school snacks. Keep cut veggies, fresh fruit, cheese sticks, granola bars, yogurt cups easily accessible. Make sure the kids know where they can find everything so they don’t go rummaging through your organized kitchen cabinets.
- Spend time together. Be homebodies. Make the last week before school starts a family time. Read together, have game or movie nights. No rushing around. No last minute invitations. Once the craziness of school starts, you’ll be wishing for these special moments together.
- With these tips, be prepared as possible for the school year, especially as you enjoy this time in your Evans Coghill home.If you’re in the market for a new home heading into the school season, we have three available single-family homes at our Springfield community in Ft Mill perfect for you! Featuring the Bluestone plan and the Bluffton plan, these homes are a great place to raise a family. With amazing local schools for your children, a swimming pool and amenity center within the community, large cul-de-sacs for the kids to play outside, and more, this is the way for you all to start the school year off right! For more information, contact Forrest Ranson at 704.488.5101.